List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror eating all CPU cycles - a testcase
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2001-08-24 20:08:25

> Ok, but I still cannot reproduce. I'm pretty sure its a problem of your X
> server. doesn't X take up all the cpu cycles ?

Hi!
  Sorry but can't agree. The CPU eating process appears as kdeinit: konqueror --silent,
  X also increments its run time, but in a ratio about 4:1 to the above konqueror.
> what gfx hardware do you run ?
Running ATI Rage 128 PF chipset on XF4.1.0, all works well and stable.
I can confirm that stopping animation immediately (as soon as konq accepts it) solves
the problem, and that one picture (tvaricka.gif) is really animated.
  I remember that approximately in the time, when  this problem appeared, I upgraded qt to
qt-copy, which contained slightly patched copy of 2.3.1. Formerly I ran 2.2.x. Maybe
it's a qt bug ?

                                       With regards, Pavel Troller