List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for tag[attribute] ('Set') selector
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-08-16 8:41:50

On Thursday 16 August 2001 09:56, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Don, 16 Aug 2001, Jelmer Feenstra wrote:
> > Perhaps you also know howcome text that is styled to have a background
> > color change on mousehover, doesn't actually do this when it concerns a
> > piece of text that is defined bold ?
>
> testcase ?

Ok, I did my best showing the problem in the attached files. I actually took
a look at it myself once, but I got quite scared by the amount of code being
processed whenever one moves the mouse over such an element that I decided to
have a look at it some other time :) Anyway, the page (on our local network)
that uses this mouse-on-hover stuff extensively is rather slow when being
watched with konqueror. There's quite a lag in the highlighting when the
mouse is moved over these elements. But then again, the amount of code that
is being executed to check whether to highlight or not is considerable.

I hope the testcase is clear enough, thanks for taking a look at it,

Jelmer Feenstra

["testcase.html" (text/html)]

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<head>
	<title>testcase</title>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="testcase.css">

<a class="hit" href="blabla.html"><b>this is the bold text that doesn't get the \
background color change</b> and this is the piece of text that does !</a>

["testcase.css" (text/plain)]

BODY 			{ background-color: white; }

A.hit:link		{text-decoration: none; color: #5555FF}
A.hit:visited		{text-decoration: none; color: #AAAAFF}
A.hit:active		{text-decoration: none; color: #000050}
A.hit:hover		{text-decoration: none; color: #000050; background-color: #DDDDFF}