List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Security certifikates in Konqueror
From:       George Staikos <staikos () nitro ! 0wned ! org>
Date:       2001-08-06 16:20:00

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Miroslav Lednicky wrote:

> Hi!
>
>     Please, excuse my bad english. ;-)
>
> I have two questions about Konqueror 2.1.2.
>
> 1) How import security certificate (*.p12) ?

   In 2.2.0, Konqueror will be able to import PKCS#12 certificates.
However, the support is somewhat incomplete.  You can associate these
certificates with various sites for X.509 authentication, but you must
remove the password from the bundle unless you want to be annoyed to no
end by popping up password dialogs.  We don't yet have a secure storage
mechanism so we can't store passwords or unencrypted certificates safely
on disk.  It looks like this is going to have to wait until KDE 3.0 now.

   To import the certificate, go into the Crypto settings for Konqueror
and you will find a new panel for Your Certificates.  You can easily
import from there.

> 2) How print WWW pages without background color or image ?
>
> In Netscape this no problem and Kongueror ... ?

  I have no idea about this one, sorry.  Perhaps someone else knows...