List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Outstanding critical issue for KDE 2.2
From:       Igor Gilitschenski <igi-g () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-08-02 8:16:29

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 02:49:39PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 August 2001 02:38 pm, Andreas Pour wrote:
> > Is that perhaps overkill?  From what I gather, passwords are already
> > protected, and the only other item we are concerned about is credit card
> > numbers.  Well, those are relatively easy to identify:  '^[0-9 -]{6,}$'
> > (this net is too large as well but I would think most other forms with
> > over 5 chars have at least one alpha character).  Maybe just disable if
> > that regex matches?  I think we will get 1,000,000 bug reports saying
> > "form completion does not work sometimes", and really it would not be
> > unreasonable to consider complete disabling of auto-completion based on
> > http/https a UI bug.
>
> That might work. Aren't credit card input fields sometimes split into 3
> seperate fields though? Maybe something like "don't store anything with more
> numbers than other characters". That would probably exclude dates and phone
> numbers as well though, I guess that's a small price to pay.
In this context I want to ask a question. Is there actually a group
working on a standart to control Auto - Completeion and similar features
from Web Resources. In the case of (X)HTML it could be done i.e.:with
META tags.

Igor
--
"Die Wirklichkeit ist nicht die Wahrheit"
- Realitaetspinzip, 1983, Erich Fried