List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: removing and then readding Sidebar TNG kills status bar
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-30 20:24:58

Am Montag, 30. Juli 2001 20:00 schrieb David Faure:
> On Monday 30 July 2001 21:10, Joseph Wenninger wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > > Happens with the old sidebar, too.
> > >
> > > Slapping himself for not trying that before,
> >
> > If you like it ;) Anyway, then it's a problem of the core application or
> > the directory or html part.
>
> Sounds like the very old Qt bug I have spent hours on.
> Sometimes after the reparenting of konq views, the statusbar ends up with
> a huge internal offset, so nothing can be seen in it anymore (in QWidget
> terms, the crect and the frect are completely different, whereas they
> shouldn't). I have spent countless hours on this, sent a bug report to
> Trolltech, discussed the issue... we couldn't make anything out of it.
> Although I remember that I didn't have a fully reproduceable case, so if
> you have one, maybe Brad could look into it (I remember he stopped looking
> at it because he couldn't reproduce it).
I can't see how to extract a small test case out of it, but these steps are
100% reliable here:

1) open Konqueror with any profile
2) make sure it has only one view (apart from the sidebar)
3) add the sidebar or sidebar tng in case it isn't shown yet
4) remove it again
5) add it again
6) main view's status bar is now empty

any place where I can add some debug output to check what's happening? I
don't really care too much if it only happens to me, but in case I can help
track down a weird bug :)
I tried to hide() and show() the status bar a few times via DCOP, which does
hide and show it, but does not restore the contents, same for any kind of
resizing. width() and height() seem to return sane results, no idea about
QWidget's internals.

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]