List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Fwd: two remarks
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-07-27 14:17:59

Subject: two remarks
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 16:14:14 +0200
From: "Tamas Szanto" <tszanto@mol.hu>
To: "i18n lista" <kde-i18n-doc@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de>

1) The meaning of two Konqueror address completion method
names may not be clear for some users IMHO. Instead of
"Popup" and "Semi-Automatic" I'd prefer "Drop-down list"
and "Automatic (intelligent)" (at least I translated them so).
"Semi-Automatic" is a bit ambiguous, and "Popup" is
usually associated with popup (message) windows, but here
it's actually referring to a list.

2) KFind could get an option for specifying the charset (e.g.
8-bit/UTF-8/UTF-16) when searching for files containing a
given string. Sometimes I have to find a .po file with a given
(translated) string in it, but currently the search string is
restricted to 8-bit characters.

Tamas Szanto
tszanto@mol.hu
the Hungarian i18n team