Hi, Here is a link to a first run patch (rather large to post here) that attempts to port kio_http to use TCPSlaveBase: http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/httpport.tgz This patch fixes: 1.) Security concerns regarding fake certificates being accepted without a warning the end user, i.e. no certificate verification ?? See the recent thread on this subject in kfm-devel 2.) SSL tunneling finally works!! Yeah!!! This means SSL over authenticating proxies works with this io-slave. Not only that the changes in tcpslavebase.* enables any inheriting io-slave to do SSLTunneling with very little work. 3.) But most of all no more kio_https!!!! R.I.P. Now kio_http does it all. I have also made some changes/additions to TCPSlaveBase to allow for SSLTunneling etc. See the header documentation once you apply the patch. Known problems with patch: 1.) When connecting to SSL sites you get a constant warning about IP address of certificate not matching IP address of the site. George how does this get fixed ? I remember you saying something about you needing to do somethings once io-slaves were ported over to TCPSlaveBase. 2.) The "Lock" in konqy does not get activated even though the connection is actually secure. This probably fails under the same issues as #1 since everything that had to do with SSL has completely been ripped out of the http io-slave :) Anyways, comments, feedback, problem reports, flames etc... are all welcome... Regards, Dawit A.