List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: manu=navigator.appName;
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-29 19:41:54

On Friday 29 June 2001 15:51, Dirk Mueller wrote:
|   On Fre, 29 Jun 2001, Andreas Schlapbach wrote:
|   > _May be_ more sites would run if we change this so we return 'Netscape'
|   > for the standart ID-String.
|   > What do you think?
|
|   Wrong. if at all we should be detected as IE, but never as netscape,
| because Netscape is just broken.

I support it - no reason to follow outsiders.

BTW: it can be good idea to make Konqi working on www.sony.com
Last reviews of Netscape 6.1beta (based oon Mozilla 0.9) mentioned that *even
sony.com was not working*.

Well, it is not small *even*. Many sites use DHTML features, mostly
compatinble with NN 4.7 or MS IE 4.x (DOM level 0)
IMO DOM2 (events) support should be implemented for KDE 2.2.
After it, it can be mapped to MS IE property Event Model.
// and all "JS-heavy" sites will start magically working :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)