List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Font sizes in Konqueror and KWord
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-17 23:47:55

On Sunday 17 June 2001 16:08, David Faure wrote:
|   On Sunday 17 June 2001 17:27, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|   > So, I don't wonder anymore why (allmost) all people have 75x75 dpi
|   > resolution.
|
|   You're missing the fact that XFree 4.x autodetects the DPI in many cases.
|   I _don't_ specify the DPI setting, and it gets set to 79x81 automatically
|   (on the desktop machine - on the laptop I still get 75x75).

Ok, I have to disclosure that the only machine available here is Compaq
laptop. And I get 75x75 dpi by default.

I guess it's driver-specific.
Matrox drivers got the most attention both from DRI and XFree86 developers -
so I can guess that running G400 driver under XF will auto-detect correct dpi
resolution. ATI Radeon should have no problems as well.

But my ATI Rage Mobility with only 8MB or RAM is treated as *old* by X
developers. So, there is no wonder it doesn't have auto-detect support.

May I ask you which video adapter you use on desktop machine?

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)