On Sunday 17 June 2001 11:42, Hans Meine wrote: | Vadim Plessky writes: | > On Thursday 14 June 2001 21:00, Harri Porten wrote: | > | > we came upon another idea, that's why i'm cc'ing kfm-devel, | > | > how about integrating svg in khtml? | > | | > | SVG has nothing to do with HTML if I am not mistaken. So I don't | > | see the sense of an integration. An SVG *KPart* would be the thing to | > | do IMO. | > | > You can embed image/svg into HTML page (as an OBJECT) | > AFAIK browser (KHTML here) should make placeholder inside box, and | > *render* SVG into this box. | > So, it is HTML-related, IMO. | | But khtml does also not contain the code to render PNG/GIF. From the | users' POV, nobody will complain if HTML embedding works although a | cleaner implementation will seperate the code (f.e. kpart). Yes, I agree with you. The only difference will be from developer's point of view - DOM access to SVG is *nice to have* but of course is not mandatory. -- Vadim Plessky http://kde2.newmail.ru (English) http://kde2.newmail.ru/index_rus.html (Russian) Do you have Arial font installed? Just test it! http://kde2.newmail.ru/font_test_arial.html