On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 12:15:28PM +0200, Daniel Molkentin wrote: > > What does libksvg feed to killu and kivio then ? > > > > > > Thus, a native renderer for SVG is missing. > > > > > > not when using killu > > > > Than make this a KIllustrator plugin for Konqueror offered by the KOffice > > package and put the support lib into koffice/lib. Wrong thinking ? > > That _would_ be an approach but somehow I don't like it. It sounds like > overkill. Besides, we need the resulting image to be almost a common khtml > image just like vadim says. This is because SVG is also indented to be used > in conjunction with HTML. > > My knowledge of khtml and Qt3 is just too small to judge, but: > Given these facts, what would be the best approach? Besides the common > appoaches (using QDOM and such), would it make sense to use libxml for it > (now that we depend on it anyway)? I think the idea of a SVG kpart is the way to go. Besides that it allows to easily switch to a qt3 based svg (with the qt3 svg you just feed the data into a QPicture and play it onto your painter) . Trying to feed this into khtml IMHO breaks the idea of having components do one very thing good and get combined functionality through composition of components (you take a khtml component for html and svgpart for svg data and combine them using