List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: SVG + KOffice/khtml
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2001-06-15 9:38:35

On Thursday 14 June 2001 21:00, Harri Porten wrote:
|   On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
|   > Problem: I've written a 90% complete svg parser for Kivio
|
|   90% of *all* SVG features ? Wow ! ;)

Yes, this will be cool ! :-)
[...]
|   > we came upon another idea, that's why i'm cc'ing kfm-devel,
|   > how about integrating svg in khtml?
|
|   SVG has nothing to do with HTML if I am not mistaken. So I don't see the
|   sense of an integration. An SVG *KPart* would be the thing to do IMO.

You can embed image/svg into HTML page (as an OBJECT)
AFAIK browser (KHTML here) should make placeholder inside box, and *render*
SVG into this box.
So, it is HTML-related, IMO.

So, SVG can be good replacement for Flash (not always, but sometimes) or ugly
/ bandwidth-heavy bitmap graphics

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)