List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: CSS for visually impaired users
From:       Andreas Schlapbach <schlpbch () bluewin ! ch>
Date:       2001-06-12 16:14:04

On Tuesday 12 June 2001 15:56, Lars Knoll wrote:

> On Tuesday 12 June 2001 14:12, Andreas Schlapbach wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm currently collecting some stylessheets to include in the CSS-Control
> > module. As a start I think these would be suitable (I'll adapt them for
> > Konquerors needs).
> >
> > http://www.w3.org/StyleSheets/Core/preview
> >
> > I don't think the copyright is a problem, is it?
>
> Probably not, but most of these do not make sense as user style sheets.
> They add lots of indentation and other layouting to the HTML elements that
> will most probably destroy visual layout on a lot of web pages.

That's what I meant be adapting them for khtml.

> > Apart from these fancy ones I would also like to include CSS for people
> > with color blindness, etc. We do not support Aural CSS but I think CSS
> > with bright contrast/different colors could be helpful. I'm not an expert
> > on this topic and unfortunately I've not been able to find any.

I've allready had some feedback/files from www-style.

> There is already a kconfig module to add user style sheets to khtml for
> these people. I don't remember where it was exactly, but I think it's in
> kdebase by now.

kdebase/kcontrol/css is what I want to improve. Most people have no clue what
CSS is all about, but if they have some CSS-files to choose from they will be
happy and think that khtml is cool.

Andreas