List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml component
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-31 16:08:06

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 04:57:05PM +0100, Ben Blaukopf wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Lars Knoll wrote:

> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > But I'm not using Javascript, and neither are a good few other people
> > > using konq, judging by the mailing list.
> > >
> > > Could we have an
> > > #ifndef ENABLE_JAVASCRIPT
> > > break out of loop early
> > > #else
> > > do the whole lot
> > > #endif
> > >
> > > or is that getting a bit untidy?
> >
> > Please not at compile time. We could easily do that at runtime (you can
> > disable jscript site specific), by asking the corresponding part if jscript
> > is enabled or not. I'm however not sure if it's worth it or could have other
> > side effects.
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean to post that for discussion here. It was meant for
> Simon, re Konq/Embedded, where there is already a compile time option for
> removing javascript which sets that flag.

Well, the problem is that I don't like using a patched khtml for konq/e :-)

Do you really think it's worth it or is more a design matter for you? :-)

I think the access key feature is very interesting though. Might be interesting
to hear Tobias' opinion here, as he wrote the other keyboard code in khtml.
Tobias, listening? :-)

Bye,
 Simon