List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konq_frame header
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-05-09 21:44:32

On Wednesday 09 May 2001 22:09, Mark Deneen wrote:
> I've added a header to all konq frames which are toggleable.  It is a simple
> class which just has a label and a button.  The label is the title of the
> header, and the button will toggle the part.  (closing it)
>
> I have a screenshot up at http://tick.dhs.org/~deneen/kpart-header.png.

Very cool !

Just wondering.... how does that look with the embedded konsole
though ? Did you check it ? Your code will be activated AFAICS (since it's
a toggle view too), and the header will take quite some space since the konsole
is 'horizontal', no ?

About the whole "passing the action around"... why not

> It only makes itself visible if the widget in the part calls setCaption().  I
> had to do a little fudging with a QTimer::singleShot to make it work.
> (thanks wildfox)

Well, the konqframe could query for the title, to be taken from the
desktop file of the part, maybe ?
This also makes the feature available at no cost to the other views
to which this feature gets applied.
It would also remove the whole "looking for the caption change event"
thing AFAICS.

Other than that, this looks great ! The feature _and_ the code :)