List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: improvements for DisableWindowOpen... (fwd)
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2001-05-08 17:36:16

On Tuesday 08 May 2001 13:16, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 May 2001 13:10, Harri Porten wrote:
> > What do you think ? I am really surprised by the number of such feature
> > requests and especially the number of people who implement it by
> > themselves.
> >
> > I personally don't favor all these switches but would bow to the common
> > opinion. One thing is for sure, though: all those options should be
> > hidden behind an "Advanced..." button in the control module.
>
> Hiding them behind an advanced button is a good idea IMO. IE also has
> thousands of configuration options hidden there, and window.open() can in
> some cases be a very annoying feature.

Perhaps an equivalent of the tree (with checkboxes, radiobuttons etc) that is
used in IE to set all those advanced options, could be usefull throughout kde
(kcontrol especially) as well ? All those little things that users want to be
able to configure, but can't as the developers decided it
presented-the-user-with-another-option, could be presented to the user in
this 'advanced' config tree. Or is making a lot of things configurable _very_
bad for performance ?

Jelmer Feenstra