List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    QPopupMenu placement suggestion
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-31 9:51:22

On Saturday 31 March 2001 00:37, sarang@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Package: konqueror
> Version: 2.1.1 (using KDE 2.1.1 )
> Severity: normal
> Installed from:    Linux-Mandrake 7.2 (MandrakeFreq)
> Compiler:          gcc version 2.95.3 19991030 (prerelease)
> OS:                Linux 2.2.17-21mdk i686
> OS/Compiler notes:
>
> Hi,
>
> If I konqueror window is on the lower part of the screen adn I have a LOT
> of bookmarks, then if i click on "Bookmarks" I get the bookmarks menu
> such taht its over the Bookmarks button..
> Thus, if just click on it, it open whatever URL/bookmark is on top of the
> Bookmark button. The only way to look at the bookmarks is to hold the mouse
> button down.
>
> I suggest that the bookmarks should show up to the right of the bookmarks
> button and not over it!

I suppose that you mean "Bookmark menu" instead of "Bookmark button".
Yes, ok. But this is a Qt bug.

When a menu is too big to be shown under or above the "parent item"
in the menubar, it currently shows on top of it.
Trying to find room on the left or on the right of the menuitem is indeed a good idea.
Cc'ing to qt-bugs, closing from konqueror's buglist.