List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: start konqueror web browser in fullscreen mode.
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-28 12:32:06

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 10:54:11AM -0000, andyw@uwink.com.cn wrote:
> hi,hausmann,I am working on a very important project in Shanghai, China. I
> want to use konqueror web browser to show web page starting in fullscreen
> mode ( no menu bar,no tool bar. no keyboard attached to the computer ).
> Perhaps, simple configuration can solve the proble; Further, I can modify
> the source to meet the requirement. Please tell me which file,which class or
> function that I can modify.

Basically all you need to edit is the konqueror.rc file and adapt it to your
needs (removing the toolbar and menubar, etc.) . In addition you will probably
want to modify khtml_browser.rc as well. Both files describe the layout of the
GUI when using konqueror as webbrowser. In the installation you can find
these files in $prefix/share/apps/konqueror/konqueror.rc and
$prefix/share/apps/khtml/khtml_browser.rc . In the source tree you can find
them in kdebase/konqueror/konqueror.rc and kdelibs/khtml/khtml_browser.rc .

Another option would be to hack the konqueror shell (konq_mainwindow.cc) to
activate the fullscreen mode by default. Or you could utilize Konqueror's
DCOP interface and activate the fullscreen action remotely (from another
process/dcop client) .

Bye,
 Simon