List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: speed release?
From:       Yves Glodt <y.glodt () vo ! lu>
Date:       2001-03-17 18:57:11

On Friday, 16 March 2001 16:21, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
> Hello.
>
> KDE is developing at a super fast pace: lots of improvements, lots of
> new features. I just want to know whether a "speed" release is going
> to happen someday. It would work like this: one month no new
> features, just performance improvements and bug-fixing.
>
> KDE and especially konqueror would benefit a lot as it is the tool
> that is used most often by users. Such a release would further
> increase the belief that the developers are serious about makeing KDE
> a good product.
>
> Best,
>   -Sebastian Fischmeister

Everybody knows that KDE-people work hard to konquer the desktop, and
that's because I like it!
But Sebastians idea is not bad. For a certain period of time, every
developer should do *only* speed, code and resource optimizations.
Something like a "speed day/week/month", like mozillas "bug days"
We would like it.

yg