List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: speed release?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-03-16 17:20:08

On Friday 16 March 2001 16:35, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Fre, 16 Mär 2001, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
>
> > KDE is developing at a super fast pace: lots of improvements, lots of
> > new features. I just want to know whether a "speed" release is going to
> > happen someday. It would work like this: one month no new features,
> > just performance improvements and bug-fixing.
>
> Ok. I'm waiting to review your patches for performance improving and bug
> fixing.
>
> What do you think we're doing? putting our fingers in the nose ?

Sebastian: you may find this a bit harsh, but Dirk has effectively being
doing a great job on performances - and on bugfixing.
So your "idea" isn't really an idea at all, it's already what's happening.

Yes, there are new features popping up now and then, but it doesn't mean
that the long and painful job of bugfixing and making faster has stopped,
on the contrary.