List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Form Completion
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-09 23:23:11

On Friday 09 March 2001 15:30, Malte Starostik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as suggested by Tackat on IRC I tried myself on form completion as in IE 5
> for KHTML. The attached patch does this, seems to work okay, but I'm not
> sure if I put it into the Right Places (pat. pending). Does it look okay to
> commit or should it be done in a different place?
> -Malte

I did not know the khtml form used KLineEdit and KCombobox....
Anyways, one thing I noticed that I have reservations about is

edit->completionObject()->setItems(static_cast<KHTMLView*>(view)->formCompletionItems(element->name().string()));

this looks like a KLineEdit call and means that a completion object is going
to be created for all input widgets on a page.  This IMHO is too expensive
specially on web-pages with large input fields.  The best thing to do here is
to create the completion object and share it among all the created widgets and
delete it when you are done with it...

Regards,
Dawit A.