List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Form Completion
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-09 23:23:11

On Friday 09 March 2001 15:30, Malte Starostik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as suggested by Tackat on IRC I tried myself on form completion as in IE \
> 5 for KHTML. The attached patch does this, seems to work okay, but I'm \
> not sure if I put it into the Right Places (pat. pending). Does it look \
> okay to commit or should it be done in a different place?
> -Malte

I did not know the khtml form used KLineEdit and KCombobox....
Anyways, one thing I noticed that I have reservations about is

edit->completionObject()->setItems(static_cast<KHTMLView*>(view)->formCompletionItems(element->name().string()));

this looks like a KLineEdit call and means that a completion object is \
going  to be created for all input widgets on a page.  This IMHO is too \
expensive  specially on web-pages with large input fields.  The best thing \
to do here is to create the completion object and share it among all the \
created widgets and delete it when you are done with it...

Regards,
Dawit A.