List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: RealPlayer 8
From:       Daniel Molkentin <molkentin () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-03-04 9:35:54

On Sunday 04 March 2001 10:22, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> be really useful for Real Networks to take advantage or the aRTs technology
> which is found on KDE (and, according to some guys at the GNOME camps, they
> think to adopt it too), and the embedding technologies of KDE..

One note on aRts (Stefan, correct me if I am wrong):

If you don't want / can't integrate aRts support in RealPlayer yet, please
use at least a "artsdsp RealPlayBinary" in the desktop file. This tiny program
will reroute the output to aRts instead of /dev/dsp.

Otherwise, it the player will be blocked as long as aRts didn't do
autosuspend (usually 60 sec. after the last output).

Regards,

</daniel>

--
KDE 2 - Conquer your Desktop!