And 2 more questions! Sorry for forgetting them 7. What method should I use to extract the user's http proxy preferences from your browser... we support an option for the user to use "the same proxy as my browser uses" . 8. We give the user an option to add real.com and possibly other multimedia sites as a bookmark in their browser. Do you share the netscape bookmark file, or should this be done in a different way. Thanks again, and looking forward to fruitful cooperation! Peter Godman On Fri, 2 Mar 2001, Peter Godman wrote: > > Hello KFM developers. > > Please let me introduce myself: I'm one of the software developers that > works on RealPlayer for Unix. I was browsing your archives and saw some > discussion about RP and wanted to let you know who I am so that if you > have RealPlayer/unix questions or issues, you have a contact at RN. > > However, I have an ulterior motive too: I'm trying to write the next > generation of browser integration for RP (moving beyond our traditional > "mimeinstall.sh" integration) and wanted to ask a couple of questions! > > 1. RealPlayer often sends an url to a browser, if the user clicks on a > link. We would like to make Konqueror an option for the user to send > links to. Is there a way to remotely command Konqueror to do this, > similar to the "netscape -remote openURL($URL)" syntax we > use for netscape? > > 2. At some point in the future, we may create an installer option to set > the user's home page to www.real.com. How would I accomplish this > (note that this option always defaults to no, and won't be supported > for a long time anyway). > > 3. Is there an official method to determine whether konqueror is > installed? > > 4. Is there a C, C++, or executable level API to make Konqueror reread > its mime and helper associations from disk once we've modified them? > > 5. Has the format of .kdelnk mime and helper associations changed? > > 6. (I think this is the wrong list for this question) > Do we add items to the K menu in the same way? > > If anyone has answers for these questions, this would be great. We still > hope to support drag and drop at some point too, but unfortunately the > existence of several systems causes trouble for us. If anyone knows of a > BSD or equivalent -licensed implementation of a motif/kde/gnome drag & > drop library, I would love to hear about it. > > Lastly, please if any of you have specific questions about realplayer > helper app issues or embedded player (plugin) issues, please let me know. > I have to install Konqueror now to try it out... I haven't tried it yet! > > Thanks very much > Peter Godman > Exclusively a KDE user since 1998! > >