List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: UI usability limitation
From:       Sebastian Fischmeister <Sebastian.Fischmeister () uni-konstanz ! de>
Date:       2001-02-28 14:20:35

>> * Unfortunately it is not possible to display the toolbar in one
>>   setting (e.g., web-browser profile) and hide it in another one
>>   (e.g., file-browser profile)

> Yes, at the moment a profile is only an arrangement of views, and a
> window size, but not menubars/toolbars. It's a good idea though, and
> not difficult. Added to ever-growing TODO list.

Well, could you add one more usability feature:

The single-click mechanism is quite nice. However, I would like to get
more feedback from the system when the mouse is actually upon an
icon. Although the mouse pointer changes, it is "hard" to concentrate
on the mouse pointer and look at the filenames. It would be very handy
if the filename is underlined, too. (And again, some related OSs do
it, maybe not without reason)

Btw. thanks a lot for the servicemenu quick fix. Sorry if it is in the
manual and I simply didn't find it.

Regards,
  -Sebastian Fischmeister