List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Good review for Konqueror 2.1  - DOM compatibility
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-27 11:00:36

On Die, 27 Feb 2001, Vadim Plessky wrote:

> Good news - Peter Paul Koch updated his page on DOM compatibility, and he
> included info on Konqi 2.1 (? Beta2 - don't know) in it.

correct, the crashreport indicates that he was using Beta2 rather than
release or something close to release.

> 2)  contains()
> x = y.contains(document.getElementById('test'))
>  If the node y has as a descendant the node with ID=test, x becomes true,
> else x is false.

that should work. is there a testcase that fails ?

> 3) x.clearAttributes()
>  Remove all attributes from node x
> (not supported on Mozilla as well)

trivial to implement if its really part of DOM spec, and I really like
kicking Mozilla's ass ;-)
are there test pages available ?

> 4) createElement implementation called "buggy"
> (but Peter is aware about huge improvement of Konqueror here, as 1.9.8 was
> not supporting this method at all)

why buggy ?

> 5) x = y.cloneNode(true | false)
>  Make node x a copy of node y. If the argument is true, the entire tree below
> y is copied, if it's false only the root node y is copied.
> // looks strange for me, as it was working in my tests. May be, KHTMl just
> doesn't return true, but still makes a copy...

hmm. It can't return "true", it returns the new Node. I don't understand
that either, we use cloneNode in various places internally. if it wouldn't
work we would notice somewhen.

after all, he still compares us with Opera in his level 1 DOM introduction.
besides that, looks promising.

Dirk