List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PCRE regexp patch.
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-03 12:03:03

Michael Bedy wrote:

>   With this patch, www.qixo.com (which uses many regexps) works (more)
> correctly. This library (libpcre3) was already installed on my debian
> system, I don't know about other distros.
>
>   This patch does not fix up the rest of the missing regexp features, but
> it should now be doable. (Any page that uses enough regex features to need
> the fancier interface to .match would be totally screwed with POSIX regex
> anyway, so this is kind of a necessary condition of finishing the rest of
> it.)
>
>   This probably should not be checked in now because of the feature
> freeze? Or is this (as a non-user visible patch) still cool to be checked
> in?
>
>   Could someone more well versed in autoconf etc. check out what I did? I
> am not very well versed in autofoo and Made It Up On The Spot(tm).
>
>   I checked out the c++ interface at regx.sourceforge.net, and desided I
> liked the C interface better for this particular application. One, the C++
> version was more compilcated and I'm lazy. Two, using the POSIX interface
> to pcre means the same code can still work on systems with only POSIX
> regexs. (A broken kind of 'work' though it may be.) Of course, if someone
> really really wants to use the c++ interface, I guess it can be done.

The autoconf part looks ok, but don't add config.h to public headers. I don't
know if regexp.h is public - so just in case. And if it's not public, drop the
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H

Greetings, Stephan

--
It's my true belief that people having wishes for the bug report tool
and report it to the author haven't got the idea behind open source.