List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KJS patch..
From:       Michael Bedy <mjbedy () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-01-27 21:20:42

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Harri Porten wrote:

> Michael Bedy wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Harri Porten wrote:
> >
> > > Use
> > >         lastWasEscape = (current == '\\');
> > >
> > > instead of
> > >
> > >         if (current == '\\')
> > >             lastWasEscape = true;
> > >         else
> > >             lastWasEscape = false;

> >    SO, if you want me to make that change because you think it's more
> > readable (I do not,) then I will do it. However, if the only reason is to
> > make the code go faster, then it's not necessary.
>
> I certainly don't think it's more readable. But I know for sure that
> other compilers don't optimize it that well (experience from *my*
> previous job at university;). Not mission critical in this case so feel
> free to do it the way you want.

    Well, I'll change it to the last = (current == '\\'). In truth, I
don't really care either way :-) I just couldn't imagine a
(recent) compiler that did not get that case. Out of curiosity, which
compiler was it?

> >    In another topic, the regexp stuff seems pretty unfinished. Is this a
> > correct impression?
>
> Yes. Allthough I would say that 90% of real world usage is already
> covered.

    Yeah, it looked like it was the corner cases that still need
work. (Basically a bunch of "TODO"s) If you think it's a good idea, I will
read the appropriate part of the spec in detail and see what I can do
about fixing some of these cases. Sound reasonable?

    It really is impressive. At one point that website creates an entire
years calendar in html with javascript. And it works! All you guys should
really be proud of khtml and KJS. I am constantly amazed at how well it
works, and how complete it is.

    Now a question: When I make a change in KJS, I am having a very tough
time getting an html window up that uses the change. I have resorted to
loggin out and logging back in. A REAL painin the rear. Is there a quicker
sequence that will get me a konqueror window that uses the new library?

    Thanks,
      - Mike