List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Projects?
From:       Michael Bedy <mjbedy () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-01-18 4:01:30

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> On Mit, 17 Jan 2001, Michael Bedy wrote:
>
> >   Basicly, who "owns" what, and what needs an owner?
>
> I think I speak for Harri when I say that basically the Javascript/ECMA
> things are those parts that need the most of debugging, improving  and
> maintaining. Most other parts work quite well already. Up to now nobody was
> interested in doing this job, maybe you are ;)

   If someone wants to explain to me how the js interpreter works, I could
probably handle fixing up js. I have run into a number of non-functional
(and semi-functional) webpages that use javascript. I don't really know
javascript too well, but the iPlanet docs seem fairly complete, and it's
not like it's the first language I've ever learned.

> the maintainership is not fixed, but roughly its:
>
> Lars:
> - css/ subdirectory
> - everything nobody else wants to touch :)
>
> Antti:
> - RenderFlow/RenderTable, layouting in general
> - bits of DOM
> - bits of the parser
>
> PMK:
> - XML, DOM
>
> Dirk:
> - everything forms related, image loader, RenderReplaced et derivatives
> - RenderText, background drawing of boxes
> - a few parts of ECMA
> - probably tokenizer as I touched it more often than others lately
>
> Simon:
> - everything related with external API, KParts, BrowserExtension
>
> David:
> - konqueror bindings, like window.open etc
> - text selection :-)
>
> Harri:
> - the JS engine
> - most of the ECMA bindings, although he once said he doesn't like it ;)
>
> Tobias:
> - keyboard navigation code, a few kafka related bindings
>
> Wynn:
> - java stuff
>
> Schimmi:
>
> - flash stuff