List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: xhtml-export for bookmarks
From:       Max Moritz Sievers <max.moritz.sievers () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-01-14 0:31:13

On Saturday 13 January 2001 23:41, David Faure wrote:
> On Saturday 13 January 2001 21:10, Max Moritz Sievers wrote:
> > I meant that the exported bookmarks in XHTML should be in one site
> > per folder because of user-firendlyness.
>
> Can't see how this helps. On the contrary, you can't open the resulting
> file in a browser, if it's scattered among several files.
> YMMV.

go to http://deluxe.bluehash.de/chemie/Links/index.html to see what I
mean.

> > > BTW, converting to HTML is easy: just use "export to Netscape
> > > bookmarks" !
> >
> > When I try this I see any effect (using Konqueror 1.9.8 (KDE 2.1 post
> > Beta1) and KeditBookmarks 1.0 (KDE 2.1 post Beta1).
> > Where are these Bookmarks created?
>
> Under ~/.netscape/bookmarks.html, the standard location for NS
> bookmarks.

Not with my installation. There is no ~/.netscape
But with "Export To Mozilla Bookmarks" I created
~/.mozilla/default/bookmarks.html.

Compared to http://deluxe.bluehash.de/chemie/Links/index.html this is
less userfriendly. Also it is not real HTML, so it need a texteditor or a
script.

> Or use export to Mozilla bookmarks, which (in CVS) lets you choose
> where to save them.

I think I must update ;-)

Regards,
Max Moritz Sievers