List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Patch in progress.
From:       Michael Bedy <mjbedy () mediaone ! net>
Date:       2001-01-13 9:22:50

On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Antti Koivisto wrote:

> >   It is broken html, but there is a twisted logic that says if the first
> > column is 1% of the width, but 20px, then the rest of the table should be
> > enourmous. As a result, the table gets crammed into the available
> > space. At least in "no strict" mode, as you say, this is probably how it
> > should work.
>
> Hey, this guy is good. :)
>
> Yes, that's exactly the logic and your patch looks ok (didn't try it yet,
> though). Did you test it extensively? As Lars said, there is good change of
> breaking something, the whole table thing is very fragile...

  *blush* :-)

  It seems to be working on the sites I frequent. Now that I fixed the
tokenizer bug, I've been surfing around, and things look good. I can't
imagine there are too many sites that do that particular thing, although
maybe I shouldn't tempt fate :-)

  So, in short, I think it's safe. If you apply it, make sure you get the
second one I sent, where percentage is initialized to 0 instead of -1.

  My next target (not today!) is www.rottentomatoes.com.

    - Mike