List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    user-agent
From:       Richard Brunner <richard.brunner () vol ! at>
Date:       2001-01-11 14:03:21

Hello!

Is there another way to detect a browser beside looking at the the
"user-agent"?
I've "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Win32)" as "user-agent" but
"derstandard.at" says that my browser has javascript and framesupport but it
is not enabled (but for sure it is!).

1) go to http://derstandard.at
2) perhaps you've to scroll down a little bit (in the white part of this
page) and at the bottom you can read this:
"derStandard.at benötigt JavaScript und Frames.
Ihr Browser unterstützt diese Funktionen zwar, sie sind allerdings
abgeschaltet."