List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    konqueror showing $HOME with heavy flicker
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2000-12-09 3:18:55

Hi,

for a while I've been wondering why it's sometimes almost impossible to use
the RMB menu in Konqueror on selected files, because shortly after the popup
menu comes up, the file is deselected. The reason is as simple as disgusting:
I don't know if it happens without FAM, at least with FAM it does:
Everytime ~/.xsession_errors changes (read: everytime debug output is
generated) Konqi rescans $HOME. When something is running that ouputs lots of
debug info (like KHTML, or a download with progress info...), this makes
Konqueror almost unusable in $HOME.
Any suggestions for a fix?
Thanks alot,
-Malte