List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Konqueror 'feature-not-bug'
From:       Reginald Stadlbauer <reggie () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2000-10-22 18:40:14

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Son, 22 Okt 2000, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > it actually _is_ a QComboBox. There is this "QComboBox can either use a
> > QListBox or a QPopupMenu" thingy...
>
> Tell me about it. I didn't know this exists. the only thing I can read in
> documentation is
>
> void QComboBox::setSizeLimit ( int lines ) [virtual]
>
> Sets the maximum on-screen size of the combo box to lines. This is
> disregarded in Motif 1.x style. The default limit is ten lines.
>

> and as he uses a gtk/motif style...

Ok, didn't follow everything. But do we use anywhere in KDE the old
QComboBox, this means the constructor which takes no bool and creates the
ugly, old, motif-compliant, unusable combobox with a popup. We should
_always_ use the ctor which takes a bool as first arg to get the normal
combobox (which uses a listbox instead of a popup menu), and this is totally
style independent.

--
Reggie (reggie@trolltech.com)