List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Konqueror 'feature-not-bug'
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-22 17:42:39

About comboboxes in forms

----------  Forward:  ----------
Subject: Konqueror 'feature-not-bug'
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:47:17 -0500 (CDT)
From: David Acklam <dackl@udcnet.dhs.org>
To: faure@kde.org

I don't know who to ask about this, but are there any plans to 'fix'
konqueror's list-box handling?

What I am referring to is the way Konqueror uses a large pop-up panel to
display drop-down HTML lists.
Although better than Netscape's approach (sideways-expanding mini-panels),
it still presents a problem: if you go to a website with very large
dropdown listboxes, the listbox panel fills the entire screen, and
whatever items don't fit simply cannot be accessed. The lower your screen
resolution, the more often it happens.

Is it possible to use MSIE style list boxes (like the one in Konqueror's
URL bar) instead???

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/