List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Broken slashdot code with *odd* result
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2000-09-29 18:39:50

If you read slashdot comments, you *may* (I'm not sure if this is
user-account specific or what) have noticed that the comments are very
strangely aligned.  Specifically, they are painted to the extreme
right of the screen.  If you resize Konqueror, then the comment
tables will quickly paint themselves offscreen.

I reduced this to this very simple html:

<li>List Entry</li>

View that in Konqueror.  Notice how the "Slide" is aligned underneath
the List Entry.  Now, just for fun, start resizing Konqueror and watch
as the "Slide" slides right off the screen.  Cool effect, eh? :-)

Anyway, it is definitely releated the the <LI>.  If you put that in a
<UL></UL> as it should be, then everything works great.  ALSO (this is
weird), if there is no closing </LI> tag, then it works great!

So, the closed <li></li> is what is doing it.

I'm going to start debugging now, but if anybody has any hints on
where to look, I'd be VERY grateful!
           KDE -- Putting a Friendly Face on Unix