List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Khtml too slow ?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-09-26 18:06:29

On Die, 26 Sep 2000, Lars Knoll wrote:

> Don't think so. I'd make a dict of lists. Each list contains the entries that
> might apply to an element with a certain name. So you have one list for the
>
> div { some props; }
> div.myclass { ... }
> table div { ...}
>
> And we have one generic list, that will get applied to every element:
>
> .myclass { ... }
> *
>
> That should cut down the number of selectors to check by a factor of 10 at
> least.

well, I'm not sure if I fully understand. anyway I'm not sure if it
drastically improves the situation. what if there are many div elements with
different styles?

> > sure, but I considered it more important to fix the parsing crashes we're
> > hitting lately to be more important, that's why I didn't post a mail about
> > improving the style selector yet.
> Right.

by the way, had a chance already to look at the crash of this page:

<HTML>
</HTML>

this is quite common code .. :(

> By the way, I get some crashes in QMoviePrivate lately. Is that
> related to some of your changes or did qt-2.2.1 get buggy?

I didn't commit any QMovie related changes lately nor did I see any
reports about such crashes. do you have an example page?
is it when loading a background image or a "normal" image?

Dirk