List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: konqueror (empty view)
From:       Peter Kelly <pmk () post ! com>
Date:       2000-09-16 8:23:22

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, David Faure wrote :
> Ah! This looks much better.
> [ slotDuplicateWindow was guilty indeed. Oh, Simon left the enableAllActi> ons call
> in createNewWindow, but IIRC we decided against it :(
> It calls openView anyway, so it shouldn't need it. Removed.
> The last possible problem with a wrong enableAllActions is the one in rea> dProperties.
> That is, if someone restores an empty window after session management. Ok> , another one
> to remove then, openView will take care of it. ]
>
> I have applied the patch, with more setEnabled(true) in disableActionsNoV> iew
>     action("new_window")->setEnabled( true );
>     action("duplicate_window")->setEnabled( true );
>     action("open_location")->setEnabled( true );
>     action("toolbar_url_combo")->setEnabled( true );
>     action("clear_location")->setEnabled( true );
>     action("animated_logo")->setEnabled( true );
>
> Question about konq_viewmgr: why is this patch needed ? It's always wrong>  to remove the last view
> by calling removeView. The user is not allowed to use remove on it, and c> losing the window
> doesn't call removeView. (and removePart takes care of suicidal views). C> an I revert that one
> and commit the rest ?

This was only because if the "show directory tree" and "show terminal"
menu
options were enabled and there was no view, and you selected one of them
and
then selected it again to hide the tree/terminal it would crash. But
since
they're disabled now, it isn't needed anymore.

--
Peter Kelly
pmk@post.com