List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror SMB support problems
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-11 18:03:38

> Given the current problems with the smb slave in the KDE CVS Repository
> I think it would be very realistic to get your new smb slave into the
> 2.0 release. I (and probably whole kfm-devel@kde.org ;-) would be
> _VERY_ interested it testing it (and including it if it works better
> than the current smb ) .

Hmm, yeah me too ! I'm on a network with 1600 computers, a LOT of them have
SMB shares. This also means a lot of weird systems are on this network, so
for testing purposes it's quite ideal.

One more thing, isn't this SMB implementation the one done by Corel for Corel
Linux ? If it is, is it under the GPL ? And again, if so, why hasn't it
turned up anywhere else yet ?

Well, we'll see what happens ! :)

Jelmer Feenstra