List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    konqueror SMB support problems
From:       Jelmer Feenstra <spark () dds ! nl>
Date:       2000-09-11 8:40:17

Hi there,

I've been checking the smb support in a recent konqueror build, and there are
still a few problems with the libsmb++ library that's being used.

I've had some contact with Brodu (writer of libsmb++) about those problems,
but he hasn't got a proper internet connection at the moment, so I'm turning
to this mailinglist (I hope it's the place for this email). I was wondering,
who in the kde team takes care of the smb implementation used by konqueror ?

The problems I've encountered are :

- Listing NT5/WIN2K systems return dir- and filelistings in 8.3 format (no
long filenames)
- Trying to enter directories that contain a "&" in its name results in a dir
not found

I'm sorry if this has already been reported, I've been checking bug reports
and looking for a smb specific bugreport list... But didn't find the isues
noted above.

Greetz,

Jelmer Feenstra