My comments on the other functionality issues remain unchanged, but I do have some extra information on the mouse focus policy. The konqueror response depends on the website being looked at. If I am viewing lwn.net there is no necessity to click on the page before I can use the arrow keys. However, the extra click *is* required on linuxtoday.com. So it looks like web designers can (inadvertently?) put in code to control your mouse focus on web pages. I believe most users would prefer a uniform look and feel so it becomes even more imperative to have a local setting that overrides everything else. Alan W. Irwin email: irwin@beluga.phys.uvic.ca phone: 250-727-2902 FAX: 250-721-7715 snail-mail: Dr. Alan W. Irwin Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Victoria, P.O. Box 3055, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, V8W 3P6 __________________________ Linux-powered astrophysics __________________________ ---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:29:22 -0700 (PDT) From: Alan W. Irwin To: submit@bugs.kde.org Subject: konqueror missing important functionality Package: konqueror Version: 2.0-20000827-0 (Debian beta4 version or slightly later) Severity: wishlist . . . (1) Mouse focus policy: Currently you must click on a page in order to make the arrow, pageup, and pagedown keys work. I prefer "focus follows mouse" for my desktop which I have configured under window behaviour/actions, but which konqueror currently ignores. Please just change konqueror to follow this configured policy. Alternatively, if you don't view this as strictly the same as mouse focus policy, then make a separate configuration item for konqueror so that the user at least has the option of eliminating the annoying extra keyclick that is currently required before arrow, etc., keys become functional. . . .