List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: assert(executingScript) in HTMLTokenizer
From:       Peter Kelly <pmk () post ! com>
Date:       2000-08-17 15:10:27

hmmm.... this is a tricky one. A script is being executed during parsing
and the document is basically getting deleted while it is running. What
we would need here is some way to stop the script from running when we
go to a new URL - but I'm guessing this is difficult while we are in a
function called from the script?

A quick-fix in for this particular case could be to get it to set
executingScript to false before it goes to the new URL. But that
basically defeats the purpose of the assert, and it is not a good
long-term solution because we still have to work out how to stop scripts
that are running when the URL changes. I'm sure there are many other
situations in which this could be a problem.

--
Peter Kelly
pmk@post.com