List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    mailto: urls in konq
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-08-04 12:03:22

Hi,

Frerich just noticed (on irc) that the mailto: handling in konqueror is
broken. The problem was that the isKnownProtocol call to KProtocolInfo
failed for "mailto" and thus you got a messagebox "malformed url" .

I added now a quick-hack-do-the-check-only-if-protocol-not-mailto
workaround, but I (obviously) don't like it ;-)

One thing I could think of as solution is to make use of the
helper-protocol functionality Rich implemented in KProtocol* .

That would make it possible to remove the mailto: hack in krun.

In order not to break the configurable-mailer thing (hardcoded exec=kmail
entry in a kmail_protocol.desktop) I could think of a small
(fast-loaded) KLM service which just runs kapp->invokeMailer then (after
"parsing" the subject from the query) .

What do you think about this?

Bye,
 Simon