List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC:UserAgent string in kio_http
From:       Alex Zepeda <jazepeda () pacbell ! net>
Date:       2000-07-24 22:33:43

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> The same happens for my.yahoo.com, imdb.com and probably a dozen of
> other sites too.

NO IT DOESN'T.  my.yahoo.com works *fine* with w3m, so I for one believe
that if it's not working with konqy, it's a bug.  I haven't tried imdb.com
yet, but I've noticed that konqy is not handling hotmail properly.
Honestly, if it's a JS problem, then I would have no problem with us
emulating the NS/IE JS classes verbatim.  But the user-agent, no.

> Is there any reason why the default user agent string shouldn't
> be changed to be compatible with all those web sites out there?

Because it's not the user agent that's a problem.

- alex