List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC:UserAgent string in kio_http
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-25 1:53:10

Alex,

Are you done yet ??  You of all people should have read the code before
trying to skin me alive.  Are you telling me that there are no servers in the
internet that use the UserAgent string ??  Why don't we then get rid of it all
together!!!!!!!  I mean what is the purpose for it if it is not used.  And
please explain to me why the other browsers use this setting ???  Are you
telling me that Microsoft is happy to plaster Mozilla/4.0 in their user agent
strings ???  Give me a f***** break!!!!  There is a valid reason behind this.
Look at the reports in this thread.  And look at the freaking bug# 6569.  If
my changing of this simple string that is configurable does not fix problems,
then it can be reverted back just as easily!!!!  And you know what is funny.  I
always code such that I do not have to take shit like this.  If you feel so
strongly about it simply go to Browsing/Web/useragent and change the default
string to whatever you want and kio_http will happily use that for you, your
royal highness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough of this childish shit....

Dawit A.

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
>
> > Just fixed it.  I just commited the change to the default string.
> > It now reads as follows:
>
> No you didn't you fucked it up.  Oh well, what do I care.  The user-agent
> string has become even more obfuscated and fucking useless.
>
> What browser are you using?
>
> Konqueror 2.0 beta something.
>
> Really it looks like you're using Mozilla?
>
> No, it really is Konqueror, but we didn't want to put the effort into
> completely ripping off the Gecko engine.
>
> Really?  Well why does it crash when I do this I know I committed a fix
> for that.
>
> I don't know, it SAYS my version number is the same, I guess it's not.
> This whole User Agent string is a sham.  It doesn't even tell you that I'm
> using Qnx!  Nothing about it is even truthful!  The shame!  The indignity!
> God damn this is worse than the Christian right trying to lynch Clinton.
> Holy fuck, Chicken Little, you were SO RIGHT.  Why doesn't hotmail work
> still?

Why are you flaming me for this !?!??!?!  Is it my fault that servers user this
shit ???  Did you bother to read what