List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Feature request (easy)
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-07-03 18:36:43

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Daniel Naber wrote:

> On Son, 02 Jul 2000, Lars Knoll wrote:
>
> > I could easily say if the html is mostly correct in the parser. Just add
> > a flag good_html, set it to true before starting to parse,
>
> Okay, I just tried that. How can the parser then notify KHTMLPart
> that something is not okay? I only found a call to the Parser's
> contructor, but I don't see when the actual parsing is done. In other
> words: Lars can do this just much faster than me... perhaps he wants to do
> it?

No time at the moment.... I'm going to move to Norway in a few days and
I'm quite busy getting things ready for that.

> What's important, IMHO:
>
> We should make sure the parser /never/ says "Syntax error" if syntax
> actually is okay.
>
> If we want to show "HTML syntax okay" (happy smiley) we can only do so if
> we can really find /all/ syntax errors.

This means that we have to find _all_ errors in the HTML source. This is
quite impossible, as we allow certain things in the parser that are not
HTML4 compliant (otherwise we would just break about every HTML page out
there...). What can be done however is the other way round. If khtml finds
an error, the page is surely not html4 compliant.

Lars