Dawit Alemayehu wrote: > > > Is this info available anywhere ? Shouldn't it be retrieved in > > kio/http/http.cc ? Can't find it in there although I wonder if it isn't > > needed for cache managment as well. > > I can definitely tell you this is not an issue for kio_http as it only deals > with header responses and content information coming from the server. It > absolutely does not care about what is in the content and it should not. All > that small script is trying to do show the last date the info was modified > on the page to ***the user***. If they want that same info to be used for > caching purpose, they would have to send it using the Last-Modified header > response... That's what I meant :) In order to implement the document.lastModified property in JS I need the information from somewhere. To see whether that value is gathered anywhere in the first place I checked the IO slave. Since the RFC says 13.3.1 Last-Modified Dates The Last-Modified entity-header field value is often used as a cache validator. In simple terms, a cache entry is considered to be valid if the entity has not been modified since the Last-Modified value. I thought that it might be already used somewhere for caching purposes. Seems like it isn't. Harri.