List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Where to find, what is already done?
From:       Lars Knoll <Lars.Knoll () mpi-hd ! mpg ! de>
Date:       2000-06-20 0:14:05

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000 cica@post.cz wrote:

> Hi!
> Sorry for disturbing, but we would like to start a project to write web
browser suitable for web kiosks and KHTML part should be very helpful to
as. We need, that browser has to be capable to show HTML+CSS+Javascript
pages, so we would like to know current status of implementing this
features. A few pages, which are using this haven\'t been displayed in KDE
Beta 2, Kleopatra.

You can use khtml for that. Sure it still has bugs, as it's beta. The best
way to get over that is to help fixing bugs and implementing the
missing features. Tell me if you're interested in helping us to fix
khtml and I can give you some more detailed information about what needs
to be done.

The current status of the khtml part is as follows:

* html4: 95% implemented
* DOM Level1: 80-90% implemented, some parts only relevant for XML are
missing
* DOM Level2: about 60%
* CSS Level1: about 80%
* CSS Level2: about 40-50%

Cheers,
Lars

> If somebody have heard about similar project (we should join to somebody
to help) or is able to say, what is already done, please write some info
to cica@post.cz if writing this to all should not be interesting to
all. Many thanks for you time and help.....