List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio::netaccess and imagepreview
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-06-13 16:04:49

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 05:47:29PM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> About the hidden modal hack widget stuff:
> It seems to solve the problem, but it's a major overhead for
> "micro" operations like stat() when they are executed on a local fs .
> (creating the widget and showing/hiding it means a lot of traffic to and
> from the X Server just for a local stat() ;-)
>
> Hmpf :-|

Hmm, right :(

Can we create the widget after a 5 seconds timer, perhaps ? :-)

Of course, this means it's still possible to screw up everything, by
closing the window before the widget is created...

And that solution means blocking the UI on the whole application, as Rich
pointed out. What's that semi-modal thing you and Waldo talked about ?
QSemiModal ?

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org