List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio::netaccess and imagepreview
From:       Simon Hausmann <shaus () helios ! Med ! Uni-Magdeburg ! DE>
Date:       2000-06-13 11:16:08

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, David Faure wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 11:23:57AM +0200, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> > > I think I fixed this problem (of stat being called recursively
> > > for the image preview thing), when I disabled the "active icon under mouse"
> > > for thumbnails.
> >
> > Ah, I see. But the user is still able to close the mainwindow during a
> > "single" KIO::NetAccess::stat() or download() call, no? (because we still
> > enter a "local" event loop)
> >
> > And on slow systems like mine or when doing this over networks this
> > happens quite easily.
> >
> > Actually I guess every app using KIO::NetAccess and not doing a
> > are-we-doing-a-net-access-operation check in MyKTMainWindow::queryClose is
> > affected?
>
> Sure. That's why we need to implement Waldo's refcounting solution,
> so that the app doesn't exit as long as some download/stat is going on.
> Is it a problem if the window is closed, though ? Hmmm... For NetAccess
> it may be (since it's called from konqiconview). Maybe we also want a refcounting
> per window (or even part), then ?

I fear that's the only solution.. (quite complex :|

Ahh, wait, there was still Waldo's qt_enter_modal() patch. Hmmmmm, why
didn't it work? Ah, yes, because qt_try_modal in qapplication_x11 fails.
(due to the lack of a real modal widget) . I'm not sure if messing around
with the activeModalWidget stuff in qt (or any other hacks ;-) would
work...

Bye,
 Simon